Horsham District Council is open:
- Monday to Thursday from 8:45am to 5:20pm
- Friday from 8:45am to 4:20pm
How to pay:
- Monthly instalments by Direct Debit on the 1st day of each month.
- Monthly instalments (other methods), instalments are due on the 1st of each month from April to January. The number of instalments will be reduced if your bill is issued from May onwards.
- Annually in full not later than the 1st April
- Payments by telephone or over the internet may be made by Debit or Credit card. Please note that a fee of 1.5% will be charged on payments made by credit card.
By Direct Debit
Direct Debit is the easiest, cheapest and most popular way to pay Council Tax. Payments are due on the 1st day of each month. Direct Debit authorises the Council to collect your Council Tax direct from your bank or Building Society. We shall advise you within at least 10 working days of the amounts due to be collected. You can set up a Direct Debit by calling the Revenues office. Alternatively a form can be issued on request or downloaded below.
You may pay by phone using a Debit or Credit card by telephoning the 24 hour automated payment line on 01403 215645. Please ensure you have the account reference to which your payment relates. Please note a charge of 1.5% will be made for payments made by Credit card.
On-line on the internet
You may pay on-line using a Debit or Credit card. Please ensure you have the account reference to which your payment relates. Please note a charge of 1.5% will be made for payments made by Credit card. Click here to pay on-line.
Many Banks and Building Societies offer banking services via the telephone or the internet,
The Councils bank details are:
- Account Number: 00000000
- Sort Code: 62-21-52
Please quote your Council Tax account number shown on the front of your bill.
In person at the Post Office
If you do not have a bank account, please ask us for a payment card to pay at a post office and some payzone outlets. Alternatively, please click on the link below.
Cash should NOT be sent through the post.
You must advise this Revenues department, within 21 days, of any changes that may affect your entitlement to any discount.
Should you wish to change the way you pay your bill please:
- Call the Revenues office on 01403 215555
- e-mail: email@example.com
If you opt not to pay by the statutory instalment scheme i.e. quarterly/half yearly, of unpaid, these amounts will be subject to recovery action in accordance with the statutory scheme.